Friday, October 26, 2012

Gotta know when to hold 'em....

Today I spent the first 2 morning periods at one of the middle schools  continuing to work with a teacher and his 8th grade students on their climate change challenge based learning project.  Today the students were working to refine their project ideas as well as to work on their Cacoo diagram.  Some groups are doing well, but others really need guidance on what specifically they will DO.  I spoke with one group and it reminded me of my trip to Waste Management in Stickney this summer with a teacher and his summer school students.  This group really wants to help Berwyn recycle more.  The teacher has his work cut out helping each group identify a project and make it happen!

I also attended the principals' meeting.  It is always refreshing to hear all of the good things going on in the district!  I also got some great leadership advice on decision making....based on this song! "Gotta know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em, know when to walk away, know when to run."


In the afternoon I met with the teachers regarding blogging.....I need to do some work on this...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top