Wednesday, August 29, 2012

eChalk Site Manager Training

I spent the entire day with the 8 site managers and our trainer from eChalk.  Although it was not ideal to pull secretaries out of their places or teachers out of their classrooms, there was no other way to get us all together.  The day was very productive and we learned so much that can help us communicate more effectively with teachers, parents, and the community.

We completely re-organized all 8 school websites and the district site too.  We decided on common tabs so families will have an easier time navigating sites and finding information.  We learned how to post announcements internally and externally as well as how to keep calendars up to date.  

We all still have a lot of work to do to get everything just right and in place, but the time was spent well.  Another next step is to decide who is responsible for what as we move forward.

My next big goal is to get all of the resources our district as (the Intranet, employee documents and forms, Web 2.0 resources, etc)  all in one place to teachers and staff.  We have been relying on everyone attempting to save important emails and links, but with no way to keep them organized. 

I am amazed at how much I have learned about website infrastructure from both this training as well as from just trial and error myself.  Although I don't want to spend my time behind a computer screen, I think it really helps for me to understand how everything works so that I can make it work better!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top